The Sandstone Peak Loop is one of the most beautiful hikes in the Santa Monica Mountains. Following the famous Mishe Mokwa Trail, hikers will be treated to a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s just challenging enough, not crowded with people, and has great views without gaining too much elevation. At Sandstone Peak (elevation 3111 ft) you’ll be greeted by the face of Herbert Allen as well as amazing 360 degree views of the Channel Islands, Ventura, Thousand Oaks and beyond.
- Highlights: Awesome ocean views, sandstone cliffs, great picnic area, pretty canyon views
- Near: Malibu, CA
- Distance: 6 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1400 ft
- Hike Time: 3.5 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road/well maintained trail
- Best Season: spring, fall, winter
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to the trail head:
From Los Angeles – Pacific Coast Hwy. (north) to Yerba Buena Rd. (right) to trailhead parking lot.
Trail Detail Map