- Highlights: Amazing wet waterfall, beautiful canyon views
- Distance: 3 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1000 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Trail Condition: Pavement, wet rock stairs
- Tail Head: Click here for a Google map and directions.
The Mist trail is one of the most popular routes in Yosemite Valley and it earn its name especially in spring. You begin your journey at the Happy Isles shuttle stop and cross the bridge to reach the trail head. The trail up to the bridge is very wide and mostly paved. After the easy part is done, the trail becomes quite treacherous, steep and wet. Make sure you bring a poncho or rain suit for this part. After a little less than 2 miles you reach the top of Vernal Falls with a sweeping view of the trail you just climbed.