This is an easy hike up a fire road to reach Parker Mesa Outlook. During the Summer, the hike is best done in the morning or the evening. That’s because there isn’t a lot of shade on the trail, and the midday sun can be intense even when temperatures down by the beach are pretty cool. The vista from the Parker Mesa Overlook is sweeping. All of the LA basin can be seen laid out before you.
- Highlights: Awesome ocean views, great picnic area, pretty canyon views
- Near: Topanga, CA
- Distance: 6 (Trippet) and 7 (Los Liones) miles round trip
- Elevation Gain: 650 (Trippet) and 1400 (Los Liones) ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road/trail
- Dog Friendly: No
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- GPX File Download (Trippet Ranch): >>CLICK HERE<<
- GPX File Download (Los Liones): >>CLICK HERE<<
Parker Mesa Via Trippet Ranch
Getting to the Trippet Ranch trail head:
From Los Angeles: 10 fwy (west) to P.C.H. (north) to Topanga Canyon Boulevard (right) to Entrada Road (right) to Topanga State Park entrance.
Parker Mesa Via Los Liones
Getting to the Los Liones Trail Head:
From Los Angeles: 10 fwy (west) to P.C.H. (north) to Sunset Bl. (right) to Los Liones Dr. (right) to trail head.