Mist Falls is a one of the best hikes that King’s Canyon National Park has to offer. The trail up to the falls is the first leg of the famous Rae Lake loop. Walls of granite soar above you and the intense fury of the King’s River flows beside and under you.
Mist Falls is especially intense and treacherous in the spring. May is the earliest you can visit this part of the park due to the annual winter road closure.
- Highlights: waterfall, sweeping views, lush plant life
- Distance: 8 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 850 ft
- Hike Time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: No
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to the Trail Head: Highway 180 east to the road’s end.
Trail Detail Map