- Highlights: Waterfall, wooded trail along stream, deep canyons, picnic benches and outhouses
- Near: Altadena, CA
- Distance: 3.5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 400 ft
- Hike Time: 2.5 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Good, but some boulder hopping and stream crossings
- Trail Head: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Best Time: Early to late spring
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
One of my top ten hiking destinations in the San Gabriel mountains. This hike travels along the stream running down the spectacular Arroyo Seco Canyon. The trail is lined with oaks and alder. The first view you have of Switzer Falls is from above then drops back to the stream where hikers can double back to stand at the base of the falls. Continue down Bear Canyon for 2 miles to Bear Camp if you want to make this a longer hike.
210 freeway to HWY 2 (north) to Switzer Falls sign. Parking at bottom when not crowded. Trail head starts at footbridge.