A nice and very popular hike along a stream and beautiful woods. Then the trail get steep on the way to Icehouse Saddle. This is a good trainer hike (accessible any season) for the High Sierras.
It’s perfect if you’re building strength for longer journeys. Or, if you just want a nice place to hang out, pick a spot. You can also just turn around when you tire.
- Highlights: Forest and brook, rustic cabins, watershed, high country views
- Near: Mt Baldy, CA
- Distance: 7 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 2600 ft
- Hike Time: 4.5 hours
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to theTrailhead:
210 freeway to Mountain Av. (north) to Mt. Baldy Road (right) to Icehouse Canyon Road (right) to parking lot.