Most of the trail follows the banks of Coldwater Creek, with some easy stream crossings (except after a downpour). Very peaceful and pretty. There are plenty of flowers and greenery in the early Summer. Bring bug repellent as the creek attracts lots of mosquitoes. After a moderate climb, you will be rewarded with a beautiful meadow set against stunning peaks. This a great family hike.
- Highlights: Shady stream-side hike, lake, flowers, beautiful meadows, waterfall, views
- Near: Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Distance: 4 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 900 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Mostly well maintained trail (gets faint in some locations)
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- GPX Download File: >>CLICK HERE<<
From Mammoth Lakes – Old Mammoth Rd. (west) to Lake Mary Rd. (left) to Around Lake Mary Rd. (left) to Cold Water Creek Campground Rd. (left) to parking lot.
Trail Detail Map