One of the best hikes in the Sierras. Most of the trail follows the banks of Rock Creek. There are plenty of flowers and greenery in the early Summer. Bring bug repellent as the creek attracts lots of mosquitoes. The parking lot gets quite full in the peak season so come early in the morning. This a great family hike.
- Highlights: Beautiful stream-side hike, lakes, flowers, meadows, views
- Near: Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Distance: 6.5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 650 ft
- Hike Time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
From Mammoth Lakes – Old Mammoth Rd. (203 east) to Hwy 395 (south) to Rock Creek Rd. (right).
Trail Detail Map