- Highlights: Deep wooded canyons, beautiful creek, mountain peak
- Near: Sierra Madre, CA
- Distance: 9 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1500 ft
- Hike Time: 5 hours
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Trail head: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Adventure Pass Required to park
This hike is best done in spring, but can be hiked anytime of the year. The trail is mostly shaded with tall pine trees, so the summer-time heat is kept at a minimum. You will enjoy this pretty trail even though the view at Mount Zion is not the best. Get to the trailhead before 8 AM on weekends since this is one of the most popular spots to hike. This is a good trainer hike for backpacking trips on more vigorous journeys. You can even camp overnight at Spruce Grove Campground.
From Los Angeles – 210 fwy (east) to Santa Anita Av. (north) to end of road.