An easy hike with lots of variety. Planet of the Apes and MASH were filmed at locations along this hike. The end of this route takes you to the site where the television series MASH was filmed. The creek has water at least 6 months of the year. On a warm day, you will probably want to take your swim trunks.
- Highlights: Volcanic walls, swimming pools, fishing, seasonal creek, movie filming site
- Near: Malibu, CA
- Distance: 5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 200 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Dog Friendly: No
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Trail Condition: Fire road and some single track in good condition
- GPX File Link: >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles: Pacific Coast Hwy (north) to Malibu Canyon Rd. (right) to Malibu Creek State Park entrance.