- Highlights: Rock formations, intermittent streams, 360 degree view, wooded canyon
- Near: Foothill Ranch, CA
- Distance: 6 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 800 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road and some single track in good condition
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3/5
An easy hike that takes you through riparian and oak woodland canyons, rolling grassland hills and steep slopes of coastal sage scrub and chaparral. The park is highlighted by scenic rock formations, including the beautiful Red Rock Canyon. There are three intermittent streams: Borrego, Serrano and Aliso Creek meandering through the park, each hosting an abundance of wildlife. Dreaded hill offers a sweeping view of Orange County where you can relax on a bench dedicated to the late Mark Reynolds who lost his life at the jaws of a Mountain Lion in 2004.
From Los Angeles: 5 fwy (south) to Bake Pkwy. (left) to Portola Pkwy. (left) to Market Pl. (right) to entrance (left).