This trail has variety of sites and smells including strange geologic formations, oily stream beds, tar pits and many different plants. After hiking about a mile, you will encounter a slot-like canyon called the Narrows which contains layers of nearly vertical rock formations. Pass through these narrows, stay left and climb the switchbacks. Topping out at 2500 feet, the trail begins a steep winding descent and includes breathtaking views of lush hillsides and canyons as it heads into Wiley Canyon.
- Highlights: Geologic Formations, Mountain Views, Tar Pits, Stream
- Near: Santa Clarita, CA
- Distance: 6 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1100 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- GPX Download Link: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Rating: 3/5
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles: 405 fwy (north) to 5 fwy (north) to Calgrove Bl. (left) to Towsley Canyon Rd. (right).
Trail Detail Map