- Highlights: Beautiful ridge along the Pacific Crest Trail
- Near: Wrightwood, CA
- Distance: 6 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 500 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 4/5
This ridge trail offers great views of both Mount Baldy, Mount Baden Powell as well as the Palmdale area and Los Angeles basin. Following the famous Pacific Crest Trail and hugging close to the Angeles Crest Highway, you are treated to great views as well as beautiful forest. Set in the ponderosa pines woods near Jackson Lake, Jackson Flat Campground is your destination. You could always make this a longer hike if you like, but I kept it to an easy 6 miles which would be great for the family.
From Los Angeles: 10 fwy (east) to 15 fwy (north) to Hwy 138 (west) to Hwy 2 (north) to trailhead.