The trail is one of the best in the San Gabriels. It starts on the road to beautiful San Antonio Falls and then moves onto a steep trail. Rapidly you’ll reach the Ski Hut (8200′) and cross the bowl. There are a couple of places where the trail is a little difficult to find, but you should be able to manage. The last mile to the top is tough at this altitude. Make sure you start early enough in the day to complete this journey.
- Highlights: Top-of-the-world view, waterfall, stream, wooded forest
- Near: Mount Baldy, CA
- Distance: 10 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 3900 ft
- Hike Time: 6 hours
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road and mostly well maintained trail (faint in spots)
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Kid Friendly: No
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Rating: 4.5/5
Getting to theTrailhead:
From Los Angeles: 210 fwy (east) to Mountain Ave (left) to Mount Baldy Rd. (right) to trailhead.
Trail Detail Map