- Highlights: chaparral, views of Los Angeles, guided tour of historical landmark
- Near: Pacific Palisades, CA
- Distance: 4 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 900 ft
- Hike Time: 2 hours
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail
- Parking Fee: $12
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3/5
This trail starts at the former home of Will Rogers and leads you along the start of the Backbone trail up to a sweeping view of the Los Angeles area. Tours are available on weekends for this famous historical landmark. I found it well worth my time. This is a great family hike since it doesn’t go very far from civilization.
From Los Angeles: 10 fwy (west) to Pacific Coast Hwy (north) to Sunset Bl. (right) to Will Roger State Park Rd. (left) to trailhead.