- Highlights: Waterfall, stream, lush woods, guided hike, family hike
- Near: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- Distance: 12 miles round trip bike/hike, 3 miles hike only
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1500 ft. bike/hike, 500 ft. hike only
- Hike Time: 4 hours bike/hike, 2 hours hike only
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail, rough dirt road
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park in parking lot 2
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3.5/5
This is a popular family hike. You can either park by the paved road (parking lot 1) and ride a mountain bike to the trailhead or brave the rough dirt road by car for 5 miles and start the hike at parking lot 2. Heavy winter rains will make the road impassible. Once you make it to the trailhead, you will be treated to an easy and beautiful hike. The waterfall is only about 20 ft. high, but is great none the less.
From Los Angeles: 405 fwy (south) to 5 fwy (south) to Oso Pkwy. (left) to Antonio Pkwy. (left) to Santa Margarita Pkwy. (right) to Plano Trabuco Dr. (left) to Trabuco Canyon Rd. (left) to Trabuco Creek Rd. (right) to trailhead.