- Highlights: Great Historical Hike, Sandstone Rock Formations, Impressive City Views
- Near: Chatsworth, CA
- Distance: 4 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 700 ft.
- Hike Time: 2 hours
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail/many unmarked side trails
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3/5
If you want an easy family hike close to civilization, this is the place. There is no shade along the hike so summer-time strolls would be very uncomfortable. This is a trail with a long history. The steep Old Stagecoach Road a.k.a. the “Devil’s Slide” in the hills above Chatsworth Park was used from 1860 – 1890 as a connecting route between Los Angeles and San Francisco. There are many unmarked trails going off in different directions so navigation can get tricky.
From Los Angeles: 405 fwy (north) to 118 fwy (west) to Topanga Canyon Bl. (left) to Lassen St. (right) to Andora Av. (left) to trailhead.