This is one of the most popular trails in Southern California and for good reason. On this 9 mile journey you will pass by numerous waterfalls (both man-made and natural), streams, lush forests, campgrounds, picnic areas, cabins, and a wonderful lodge. Make sure you show up early in the morning to insure you can find a parking space reasonably close.
Highlights: Wooded canyon, streams, waterfalls, rustic cabins, historical landmark
- Near: Sierra Madre, CA
- Distance: 9 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1600 ft.
- Hike Time: 5 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Rating: 4.5/5
- GPX File Download >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles – 210 fwy (east) to Santa Anita Av. (north) to end of road.
Trail Detail Map