This is an easy hike up a fire road to reach Eagle Rock. The vista from the Eagle Rock is sweeping. All of the LA basin can be seen laid out before you. Whether the funky-looking rock is so-named because it resembles an eagle or because eagles sometimes soar around it is up for debate. You can decide for yourself. In any case, it’s a great lunch spot, hang-out, etc.
Highlights: Great views, dramatic shear cliffs
- Near: Malibu, CA
- Distance: 4 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 800 ft.
- Hike Time: 3 hour
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained fire road
- Parking Fee: $12
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- GPX Download File: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Rating: 3.5/5
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles – P.C.H. (north) to Topanga Canyon Boulevard (right) to Entrada Road (right) to Topanga State Park entrance.
Trail Detail Map