The trail is one of the best in the San Gabriels. It starts on the road to beautiful San Antonio Falls and then moves onto a steep trail that takes you to the ski hut. This is a shortened version of my previous post to the top of Mount Baldy for people not willing or able to reach the top. In any case you will not be disappointed with this hike and it might inspire you to tackle the “beast” on another day.
- Highlights: Waterfall, stream, wooded forest, views
- Near: Mount Baldy, CA
- Distance: 5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 2100 ft
- Hike Time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: 6/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road and well maintained trail
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Download GPX File: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Rating: 4/5
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles: 210 fwy (east) to Mountain Ave (left) to Mount Baldy Rd. (right) to trailhead.
Trail Detail Map