- Highlights: Wooded forest, stream
- Near: Mount Wilson, CA
- Distance: 5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1800 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3.5
Nice trail descending a the stream-laced canyon of the San Gabriel mountains. Valley Forge campground is located alongside a flowing river with several benches, bathrooms and beautiful green flora.
You will pass cabins which were homestead to pioneers and settlers in the early 1900s where gold was panned. On the way back, take the service road for nice change of pace.
From Los Angeles: 210 fwy (east) to Hwy 2 (right) to Mount Wilson Red Box Rd. (right) to parking lot.