I have worn these hiking boot on several short and medium hikes and have found them to be very comfortable. They are extremely light and rugged enough for backpacking on smooth to medium trails. I never got hot in them either. Day hikes are also fine for this all-around boot with plenty of traction for loose and rocky trails.
With breathable athletic-cut uppers, these waterproof Vasque® hiking boots are great for day-hikers and fast-packers.
- Waterproofed nubuck leather uppers with Airmesh nylon panels keep boots light and highly breathable in warm temperatures
- Extra-breathable Gore-Tex XCR® liners are seam-sealed to stop water leakage while allowing warm moisture vapor to escape
- Wicking nylon linings absorb excess moisture and disperse it for fast drying
- Gusseted, padded tongues keep out trail debris and relieve pressure from lacing across instep
- Padded collars add comfort around ankles; heel loops offer easy entry
- Removable DryTech footbeds are anatomically shaped for comfort and feature wicking topsheets for moisture management underfoot
- Shock-absorbing and lightweight Phylon® midsoles soak up the bumps and provide all-day comfort on the trail
- Thermoplastic urethane (TPU) midsole plate adds rigidity for support and control on uneven surfaces
- Long-lasting Vibram® Contact outsoles deliver solid traction and confident braking on all types of surfaces