- Highlights: wooded forest, views
- Near: Studio City, CA
- Distance: 3 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 450 ft
- Hike Time: 1.5 hours
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Trail Condition: Fire road and well maintained trail
- Trail head map: Click here for Google map (3431 Fryman Canyon Road, Studio City)
- Detailed map: Click here
- Rating: 3/5
Located in the eastern Santa Monica Mountains on the north side of Mulholland Drive, 122-acre Fryman Canyon Park offers spectacular views, a fitness course, and access to the Betty B. Dearing Cross Mountain Trail. The Dearing Trail traverses the park and connects to Wilacre Park, Franklin Canyon, and Coldwater Canyon Park. The park is abundant with native chaparral, year round springs, and deeply wooded canyons. The trail is open to hikers, equestrians, and dogs on leash and under owner’s control. No mountain bikes are allowed on the Dearing Trail.
From Los Angeles: 101 fwy (north) to Laurel Canyon Bl. (south) to Fryman Canyon Park to trailhead.