This is a strenuous hike up to the 9400 foot peak of Mount Baden-Powell. The hike, up 40 switchbacks, takes you through an amazing range of vegetation. Along the way you will see Oaks, Jeffery pines, Sugar Pines, Incense Cedar, Lodgepole Pines, White Fir, and near the summit the gnarled Limber Pines. The views from the summit are breathtaking, looking over the Mojave desert and Southern Sierra.
- Highlights: Pine and cedar forest, 360 degree view
- Near: Wrightwood, CA
- Distance: 8 miles
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 2800 ft
- Hike Time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Download GPX File: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Rating: 4/5
Getting to the Trailhead:
210 Fwy to Angeles Crest Hwy (north) to Vincent Gap Parking area. The signed trailhead is at the northwest edge of the parking area.
Trail Detail Map