This is one of the most popular trails in Southern California and for good reason. On this 9 mile journey you will pass by numerous waterfalls (both man-made and natural), streams, lush forests, campgrounds, picnic areas, cabins, and a wonderful lodge.
Make sure you show up early in the morning to insure you can find a parking space reasonably close. Most of the elevation gain occurs after Sturtevant camp, so pace yourself. At the top, you will be treated to a sweeping view of the Los Angeles area and San Gabriel mountains.
- Highlights: Nice forested hike along creek and river, occasional mountain vistas
- Near: Arcadia, CA
- Distance: 12 miles
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 4700 ft
- Hike Time: 6 hours
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- Restrictions: Adventure Pass required to park
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Rating: 4.5/5
Getting to the Trailhead:
From the Foothill Freeway(210) in Arcadia, exit on Santa Anita Avenue and drive six miles north to its end at Chantry Flat.
Trail Detail Map
Trail Profile Map