The scenery in the Cucamonga Wilderness is breathtaking. Without a doubt it is the most wild in the San Gabriels. Big Horn Sheep still roam wild. The views are top-notch. From the top you can see most of the better-known peaks in Southern California which include Mt. San Jacinto, Mt. San Gorgonio, and Mt. Baldy.
- Highlights: Beautiful view of Los Angeles basin, stream
- Near: Mt. Baldy, CA
- Distance: 11 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 3700 ft
- Hike Time: 6.5 hours
- Difficulty: 8/10
- Trail Condition: mostly well maintained trail
- Best Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: No
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
Getting to the trail head:
From Los Angeles – 210 fwy (east) to E. Baseline Rd. (left) to Padua Av. (right) to Mt. Baldy Rd. (right) to Icehouse Canyon Rd. (right) to end of road (trail head).
Trail Detail Map