This route to Cooper Canyon Falls takes you along some of the best scenery the San Gabriel mountains have to offer.
By the the end of this short trip, you will have seen two waterfalls, a fragrant pine and cedar forest and a dramatic landscape reminiscent of the Sierra’s several hundred miles to the north. Cooper Canyon falls lies at the end of your journey down a gradual grade giving way to a steep descent down to the base of the falls. The base of the falls is a perfect lunch spot.
- Highlights: Highlights: Pine and cedar forest, 35ft waterfall, lovely creek, mountain views, high desert
- Near: Wrightwood, CA
- Distance: 3.5 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 800 ft
- Hike Time: 2.5 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail, short repel down steep grade
- Best Season: spring, summer, fall
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Kid Friendly: No, dangerous dropoff
- Dog Friendly: No
From Los Angeles – 210 Fwy (east) to Angeles Crest Hwy (north) to Buckhorn Campground. Drive through the campground to reach the trail head parking.
Trail Detail Map