Alpine lakes and mountain views entertain the senses along the Cottonwood Lakes trail.
This is a superb trail for day hikers and backpackers alike which provides a scenic romp through the Southeastern Sierra. Cottonwood Lake Number One can be reached five miles from the trail head with views of Mount Langley towering in the background. The lakes make a great place to pitch a tent if you decide to make this a backpacking trek.
- Highlights: Pleasant pine forests, mountain views, pristine lakes and streams
- Near: Lone Pine, CA
- Distance: 11 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1600 ft
- Hike Time: 6 hours
- Difficulty: 7/10
- Trail Condition: medium to well maintained trail
- Best Season: Summer, Fall
- Best Eatery Near Trail: Alabama Hills Cafe
- Wilderness Permits (Inyo National Forest) – Recreation.gov
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: Yes
From Los Angeles – 5 fwy (north) to 14 fwy (north) to HWY 395 (north) to Lubken Canyon Rd. (left) to Horseshoe Meadows Rd. (left) to trail head.