The hike to Deep Creek Hot Springs is moderate with some steep parts, but quite doable.
The hot springs, being located next to Deep Creek and the famous Pacific Coast Trail, provides both hot and cold water locations for clothing optional bathing. The water is generally clear and an almost perfect temperature (averaging 105 degrees F.), with several pools from which to choose. As with so many hot springs, Deep Creek was once relatively unknown, but has become heavily visited. Visitors have done a good job of keeping this area pristine, free from trash and vandalism. The site is managed by the San Bernardino National Forest. Beware: Nudity is common. If you are offended, please pick another hike.
- Highlights: Beautiful canyon views, scrub brush, picnic area, hot springs
- Near: Lake Arrowhead, CA
- Distance: 6 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 850 ft
- Hike Time: 3 hours
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail/some sketchy parts
- Best Season: spring, fall, winter
- GPX Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: No
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Los Angeles – 210 fwy (east) to HWY 18/N. Waterman Av. exit (north) to HWY 173 (west) to end of road (trailhead).