The Fish Creek trail follows Crater Creek to the Fish Creek Valley. 14 miles down the trail is the popular Iva Bell Hot Springs. The hot springs are very remote, located at about 7,200 ft in the high Sierra Nevada in the John Muir Wilderness.
One mile past the Reds Meadow trail head is Rainbow Falls. It’s one of the finest waterfalls in the Mammoth area. Beyond Iva Bell, the trail goes to Cascade Valley and eventually connects to the John Muir and Pacific Crest Trails near Purple Lake or Tully Hole.
- Highlights: Wildflowers, Sweeping vistas, Streams, Magnificent Waterfall, Natural Hot Springs
- Near: Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Distance: 28 miles
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1500 ft
- Hike Time: 3 days
- Difficulty: 8/10
- Trail Condition: well maintained trail
- Best Season: Late Spring, Summer, Fall
- Wilderness Permits: Recreation.gov
- Mammoth Lakes Ranger Station: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Parking: When mandatory shuttle is operating, park by Mammoth Main Lodge
- Shuttle to Agnew Meadows: >>CLICK HERE<<
- GPX Download File: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: Yes
Getting to Trail head:
From Mammoth Lakes: Minaret Rd. (right) to Agnew Meadows Rd. (right) to trail head.