The Three Sisters Loop is an iconic 5 day backpacking trip set in the Cascade Range among some of Oregon’s prettiest peaks.
This 48-mile loop circles the North, Middle, and South Sister volcanoes providing a fantastic array of diverse terrain. Take this amazing journey and wander through rugged volcanic landscapes complete with expansive pumice fields, pristine melt lakes, quiet old-growth forests, newly recovering burn areas, peaceful wildflower meadows, and glossy obsidian streams. This is truly a trip that cannot be missed!
- Highlights: Sweeping volcanic views, beautiful lakes and streams, fascinating rock formations
- Near: Portland, OR
- Distance: 48 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 5800 ft
- Hike Time: 5 days
- Difficulty: 8/10
- Trail Condition: Well maintained trail
- GPX Download Link: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Wilderness Permits: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Kid Friendly: Yes
Getting to the Trailhead:
From Portland: Hwy 5 (south) to Hwy 22 (east) to Hwy 20 (straight) to Hwy 242 (right) to trail head.