This is a classic backpacking loop out of Mineral King. Although it is under 30 miles long, this loop is typically done in four days or so since the elevation gain is so extreme (nearly 10k of vertical up and down).
Marmots like to eat radiator hoses in the first half of the summer – take precautions so your car is in working order when you get back to the trailhead. Don’t miss the pie and food at Silver City Resort – it’s favorite stop for hungry hikers.
- Near: Sequoia, CA
- Distance: 29 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 4100 ft
- Hike Time: 4 days
- Difficulty: 9/10
- Trail Condition: Mostly well maintained trail
- GPX File Download: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Wilderness Permits: >>CLICK HERE<<
- Dog Friendly: No
- Kid Friendly: No
Getting to the trail head:
From Los Angeles: hwy 5 (north) to hwy 99 (north) to Hwy 198 (east) to Mineral King Rd. (right) to trail head.